Day Habilitation Specialist - Strive
Company: Adults & Children With Learning & Developmental Di
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Day Habilitation Specialist - Day Habilitation Program
Help Others to ASPIRE HIGHER!
When a group of families came together in 1957 to find services for
their children with developmental disabilities, ACLD was born.
Today, we are a leading not-for-profit agency employing 1200+ staff
and providing over 70 program sites in Nassau and Suffolk. ACLD
assists children, teens and adults in reaching the highest level of
independence with the freedom to ASPIRE HIGHER in their hopes,
dreams and accomplishments. We are currently seeking a few
exceptional people who have a passion to create a meaningful impact
in the lives of the amazing people we support.
We have great opportunities for positive, motivated individuals to
work in a day hab setting assisting adults diagnosed with
intellectual/developmental disabilities in becoming self-sufficient
and self-actualized. Get in on the ground floor and train for an
entry level career in the healthcare/education field!
In this position, you will:
- Help program participants achieve/exceed their personal
- Provide structure and emotional support;
- Assist in resolving behavioral issues;
- Help people supported with personal hygiene;
- Complete detailed, accurate documentation
- Transport the people supported to and from volunteer and
pre-vocational activities using Agency vehicles.
- Clean, valid NYS Driver s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience working with the intellectually and
developmentally disabled population preferred; but will train.
- Complete within 6 months of hire and maintain required
trainings in AMAP (Approved Medication Administration Personnel)
and SCIP (Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention).
- The ability to assist with lifting and transferring an adult
- Must have flexibility to be reassigned to other programs and/or
locations as needed.
- Prior experience as Caregiver, Care Assistant, Personal
Assistant, Resident Assistant, Direct Care Worker, Nursing
Assistant, Home Care Aide or Companion is a plus.
Apply online at www.acld.org or text us for more information at
An EOE m/f/d/v
Sat & Sun 8:30am-6pm; Thurs 12pm-9pm; Fri 1pm-9pm
Keywords: Adults & Children With Learning & Developmental Di, Levittown , Day Habilitation Specialist - Strive, Other , Levittown, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!