PT Cleaner-Garden City, NY
Posted on: January 13, 2023
Overview:Hiring Immediately PT Cleaner hourly rate $15.73
The Part-Time Cleaner maintains buildings and grounds in a clean
and orderly fashion. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as
cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and
removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance
activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning
snow or debris from sidewalk.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water
or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning
solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or
water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power
equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks
as locking doors after operating hours.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or
additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using
snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs,
ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as
banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent
infestation.Qualifications:Education, Licensing, and
High school diploma or GED.
6 months to 1 years experience.
Must possess active listening skills, reading comprehension,
coordination, speaking, and oral comprehension skills.
Must possess excellent communication skills and language
Hardworking and sincere on the job
- 6 months to 1 year of janitorial experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken instructions
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by Material Safety Data
Sheets and all other safety training materials provided
- Ability to mix and use a variety of cleaning products
- Strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent): Pre-Employment Requirements:
- Must submit to drug testing, and a criminal background
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check Associated topics:
athletic, backfill, grounds, grounds maintenance, groundskeeper,
laborer, plant, street, surface, tree
Keywords: transdevna, Levittown , PT Cleaner-Garden City, NY, Other , Levittown, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!